You can sell high-quality pre-owned items to millions of Amazon customers worldwide by using Amazon Renewed. A great way to start selling for free is to list your pre-owned products on Amazon. This way, you can also build up the cash flow necessary to eventually invest in a private-label product.
You may sell on Amazon Renewed if you satisfy their performance criteria and can provide high-quality products that have been checked and tested to meet their quality standards. This article will cover the process of selling used products on Amazon.
Table Of Contents
- What are Amazon Renewed products?
- Benefits of selling on Amazon Renewed
- What products are eligible to sell
- How can you start selling?
- Wrap Up
What Are Amazon Renewed Products?
- Amazon Renewed products are capable of being repaired/refurbished and tested. Repair/refurbish capability means that products must have electrical and/or mechanical components that can be replaced and/or upgraded.
- Your refurbishment process typically includes a diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, a thorough cleaning and inspection process, and repackaging where applicable.
- You ship products with all relevant accessories as expected for a new product, and the product is backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
Benefits Of Selling On Amazon Renewed
Here are some of the advantages sellers get when selling on Amazon Renewed:
Be part of an exclusive program
Only sellers that meet Amazon’s quality standards and can supply high-quality products are permitted to sell on Amazon Renewed.
Leverage Amazon’s trusted e-commerce capabilities
Amazon’s selling tools and fulfillment capabilities enable you to sell Renewed products to customers across Amazon’s global marketplaces.
Sell to millions of loyal customers
High levels of customer trust are attained as a result of the strict standards for customer satisfaction used to evaluate seller performance.
Grow your refurbished business
You can grow your sales by selling refurbished and pre-owned products.
What Products Are Eligible To Sell
You must abide by Amazon’s program policies, adhere to their product quality policies, and fulfill the required performance standards in order to be approved as a seller of refurbished and pre-owned products. If you meet the requirements, you may sell selected high-quality pre-owned products at great prices, including in the following categories:
- Kitchen Appliances
- Power Tools
- Personal Computers
- Video Game Consoles
How Can You Start Selling?
Register to be a seller on Amazon
You need first to be a registered seller on Amazon to be able to sell refurbished and pre-owned products on Amazon Renewed.
If you are new to selling on Amazon, send us your details below and we will also help you set up your selling account.
Qualify to sell on Amazon Renewed
To qualify to sell refurbished and pre-owned products on Amazon Renewed, we require details of your experience selling such products.
You need to meet the following criteria to qualify as a seller on Amazon Renewed:
- Supply invoices showing a minimum total value of $50,000 in qualifying refurbished purchases in the previous 90 days from the date of the application. You may black out the unit purchase amount on the invoices. Note that sellers intending to offer products related to Home, Tools, or Lawn & Garden, Kitchen may supply invoices showing a minimum total of $50,000 in qualifying refurbished purchases in the previous 180 days.
- If you are an existing seller on Amazon, we require an ODR of 0.8% or less in the trailing 90 days.
- If you want permission to list factory refurbished items (with no manufacturer warranty) you need to submit a minimum of 8 images of a sample unit for product and packaging review (box in which the product will ship, inside packaging and padding, a product from top and bottom, a product from all four sides).
- Your company backs all of your refurbished products with the Amazon Renewed Guarantee and is responsible for all claims under the guarantee.
- For approval to list the Apple brand in the Consumer Electronics categories, we require invoices dated from trailing 90 days that total $2.5 million in Apple refurbished products.
Start selling and grow your business
Once your application is approved, you can start selling by listing your refurbished and pre-owned products or adding your offers to existing product listings.
When customers order, you can either fulfill them on your own or use Fulfilment by Amazon.
Building and growing your brand on Amazon has a lot of benefits, but selling pre-owned items may be quite profitable as well.
If you are able to meet the above-mentioned criteria, send your details to Amazon to get approval to sell on Amazon Renewed. Even if you do not match the aforementioned qualifications, you can still list your products on standard ASINs under the “Used” condition.
Have you tried selling refurbished and pre-owned items on Amazon? What difficulties did you face the most? Let us know in the comments below.