Have you ever received an email or a message from Amazon saying, “Payment Revision Needed?” If you have, you are not alone. It is a common error that many shoppers encounter. However, what does the message “Payment Revision Needed” mean? How to fix it? This is an issue that many buyers and sellers deal with.
Most of the time, the issue is not significant and can be resolved with a few easy measures. I will address these concerns in this post and provide a helpful method to assist you in easily resolving this problem.
- What Does “Payment Revision Needed” on Amazon Mean?
- Why Are You Getting the “Payment Revision Needed” Error on Amazon?
- How to Resolve Amazon “Payment Revision Needed” Error
- Important Notes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Bottom Line
What Does “Payment Revision Needed” on Amazon Mean?
When Amazon is unable to process your transaction or payment request, an error message saying “Payment Revision Needed” is sent to your account or registered email. This is the payment declined notice that Amazon uses.
Although receiving a “Payment Revision Needed” message from Amazon can be upsetting and shocking, the issue is often not serious and can be fixed in a matter of minutes.
Why Are You Getting the “Payment Revision Needed” Error on Amazon?
Here are a few scenarios in which this message could appear.
- Expired Credit Card: The most common reason for this message to appear is when your registered credit card on your account expires.
- Insufficient Funds: The credit card often runs out of money when it is used for several transactions. In such circumstances, the bank declines to complete a payment or cover a charge.
- Billing Address is Incorrect: If your credit card billing address is incorrect or you forget to update it (in case you moved to a new place), you may see this message.
- Card Limit Reached: There are daily or monthly spending limits on certain credit or debit cards. You will get a payment decline message from Amazon if you have reached the limit of the registered card somehow.
- Incorrect Card Details: This error message from Amazon will appear if any card details, such as the name, CVV number, or expiration date that you have entered is incorrect.
- Card Company or Bank is Declining the Payment: The bank or company associated with your card sometimes declines the payment as a doubt of unusual activity or suspected fraud.
How to Resolve Amazon “Payment Revision Needed” Error
Here is how to resolve “Payment Revision Needed” on Amazon and revise your payment details.
- Go to the website and log in to your Amazon account.
- Move your cursor over “Account & Lists.” Click “Account” under “Your Account” on the dropdown menu that appears.
- To view your default payment method, click “Your Payments” on the next page.
- Check the accuracy of the card details. Click “Edit” to change your payment details if you find any incorrect information. This page also allows you to modify your billing address if needed. After making the necessary changes, click “Save.”
- Return to the previous page and click “Your Orders.”
- To find out if updating your information fixes the problem, try to complete the transaction again.
- If the “Payment Revision Needed” error message still appears, then contact your bank card company.
Did you do all the actions listed above but still receive the “Payment Revision Needed” message from Amazon? Were you charged even when your payment was declined? You should get in touch with your bank to resolve the issue, as it is most likely related to them.
In order to steal your personal information, scammers may pose as Amazon by setting up fake websites or emails that appear authentic. Keep in mind the following facts before doing anything:
- Ensure the message is not from a scammer.
- Check if the email you received is from Amazon.
- Do not click on suspicious links.
- Never share your personal information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why did I receive a “Payment Revision Needed” email from Amazon?
Amazon send this email if there is an issue charging your account for selling-related fees, such as monthly subscription fees or FBA storage fees. It means the platform can not process your transaction or payment request.
How long does Amazon wait for a payment revision?
Your order is placed on hold by Amazon and they wait 12 hours for a payment revision. The massive online marketplace will then cancel your order if the payment issue remains unresolved.
Can my selling account be suspended over declined payments?
Amazon may temporarily suspend your account if unpaid fees are not settled by updating your payment methods. To remain active, payment must be made on time.
“Payment Revision Needed” is a problem that both Amazon sellers and customers frequently face. You can quickly solve this issue if you take a few measures. You can remove the existing payment method and add a new one to solve your problem if the guide is unable to resolve it.
I hope this post on Amazon “Payment Revision Needed” error has been helpful in figuring out the cause of this message and how to resolve it. If you have any queries about this content, feel free to leave a comment below.