You can improve your listing traffic with Amazon marketing campaigns. However, you cannot rely solely on Amazon to increase sales.
You should avoid making the mistake of driving traffic to your items without first creating an Amazon sales funnel. Taking such a single-minded perspective may lead to a lot of problems down the road. A more effective strategy for driving conversions is to use an Amazon sales funnel.
In this article, We will walk you through the process of building a stronger conversion funnel for your brand.
What is an Amazon Sales Funnel?
The Amazon sales funnel, often referred to as the Amazon marketing funnel, describes the purchasing paths of customers on the Amazon platform. With the help of this funnel, you can determine where customers are in the buying process and provide them with relevant marketing materials at the appropriate time to drive sales.
You must understand the stages of the funnel before you can optimize your Amazon sales funnel. There are five distinct stages in the Amazon sales funnel:
- Awareness: You are helping Amazon customers become familiar with your brand at this point. They have realized they have an issue and it has to be fixed. You are introducing your product to potential customers and posing it as a solution at this stage.
- Consideration: Shoppers analyze their alternatives and choose the product that best suits their needs during the consideration stage. They are looking at both you and your competitors. Presenting your product as the perfect solution and highlighting your unique selling points to potential customers are your main goals at this point.
- Desire: At this stage, you make the customer desire to buy your products more than that of your competitors.
- Conversion: Customers are ready to make a purchase at the conversion stage. They are aware of what they need and where they choose to purchase them. At this point, you are assuring customers that your product is the best solution available.
- Loyalty and re-engagement: In an effort to generate repeat business, you want to keep prospects interested in your brand during this stage. At this point, it is important to engage with potential customers about your brand and offer more assistance if necessary.
The main advantage of having a sales funnel with distinct phases is that it helps you identify your target audience more precisely and develop more sophisticated strategies for engaging with them along the way. As an alternative to the “spray and pray” sales approach, a sales funnel can help expedite the shopper journey and better utilize your resources.
Creating a Sales Funnel for Amazon
With this tool, you are able to build email lists, unique tags or ads to filter potential customers. You can then employ customized campaigns to re-market and excite customers.
This is what a traditional sales funnel looks like:
- Social Media: A site with engaging content to draw in potential prospects.
- Landing page: A dedicated site designed to collect contact information in return for an added advantage.
- Sales page: The product sales page is where buyers make purchases.
- Thank You post: A last note of gratitude to customers for their purchases.
Step 1: Define Your Target Audience
Having a clear understanding of your target audience is the greatest approach to starting sales funnel creation. It can be helpful to create a customer profile, which includes basic demographics like age, gender, and whether they live in the city or suburbs, along with personal details like their name and likes/dislikes. Ensure to define your audience carefully and methodically since this will impact how the remainder of your strategy flows.
Tips for Audience Targeting
Identify the issues that your audience is facing and think about how your product can help resolve them.
In general, consider whether your product can contribute to the feelings that your customers desire in their lives, such as luxury, calmness, or well-being. We purchase a lot of aspirational and, to be honest, extremely emotional items. Find out what your target audience’s emotional needs are. You can do that by running your own surveys and polls, using big data to see how your competitors are targeting their audiences, or by analyzing your sales to date to identify any obvious patterns.
Step 2: Create Awareness
You need to start reaching your audience now that you have identified who they are.
Tips for Creating Awareness
You may look for content that takes a more broad perspective. Hemp oil for example, depending on the emotional need your consumer has, based on the profile you have created of them, this may include blog posts or videos demonstrating how calming having hemp oil can be and how it is an affordable and simple way to create a sense of wellbeing or luxury.
Most likely, your plan should include social media. Therefore, consider the appearance of your ads and videos to browsers when they view them on their feeds.
Step 3: Generate Interest
This is your opportunity to truly push your brand to the front as the funnel starts to narrow.
Tips for Generating Interest
Customers in a competitive market will be interested in learning and buying what makes your product unique. This could mean a behind-the-scenes video showcasing-
- a specific aspect of your business, such as your environmental initiatives or corporate culture, that you are proud of.
- the superior quality of your ingredients.
- whatever benefits your product offers over competitors, such as campaigns to donate a product to a cause for each one purchased, like Warby Parker’s “Buy a Pair, Give a Pair” program does.
The best kind of content is always one that is both accurate and entertaining. Whoever is your audience, they all want to see an engaging video from a subject matter expert. Authenticity is also appreciated by the audience.
Step 4: Capture Leads
Getting email addresses and building your customer base are necessary for capturing leads. It goes without saying that you want customers who are actually engaged with your business, not simply a bunch of spammers.
Tips for Capturing Leads
A reasonable trade of an email address for some helpful information is one of the great ways to get a customer’s email address. This can include e-books, white papers, how-to videos, and informative blog posts that help them solve common issues.
Discounts and special deals can also work well. A lot of websites have instant pop-up windows that ask for your email address in exchange for 10% off. Free trials are also helpful. An effective way to grab the audience’s attention and information is to provide high-quality material that does not feel like a sales pitch.
Step 5: Nurture Leads
Customers may easily become burned out or move on fast with all the offers they get.
Tips for Nurturing Leads
Put simply, Ensure that the content you provide here is as focused and timely as you can. When leads really believe that you are adding value to their life, they will pay attention. In order to ensure that your leads see your message frequently and in several places, both personalized emails and multi-channel approaches are helpful. It is important to ensure that your material seems appropriate for the platform it will be on because people have short attention spans and frequently switch between platforms.
Step 6: Convert Sales
Shoppers tend to lose interest quickly. In addition to purposefully pausing before making a payment, they may add products to their cart and then forget about them.
Tips for Converting Sales
Those emails “Hey, you forgot something!” are actually quite helpful when it comes to the forgotten item in the cart. You might even include extra incentives like discounts or time-limited special offers. Keep the sales process as simple as possible. If using your conversion funnel genuinely involves a lot of work to reach the checkout, customers could become discouraged. If completing the checkout process demands enormous effort, customers could become discouraged by your conversion funnel.
Step 7: Retain Customers
It is preferable to keep up with existing customers than to continuously produce new leads.
Tips for Customer Retention
A few strategies to keep customers coming back are excellent customer support, offers for returning customers, and even just engaging content that keeps them interested and makes them feel good about choosing to purchase from you.
The depth of the marketplace makes it easy to lose customers. A lot of products are overlooked when browsing Amazon’s product categories and search results. Brands make it easier for customers to locate their offers by using an Amazon sales funnel. Take that initial action to turn product views into sales.
Additionally, sales funnels are a useful tool for Amazon brands to expand their target audience. Furthermore, it allows sellers to participate in the customer’s journey. So, you can find new customers with the help of a successful Amazon sales funnel, and once they finish their journey, you will have new customers to pursue later.